Most people completely overlook one of the most powerful energy boosters, immune system strengtheners, and depression fighters on the planet simply because it’s FREE and readily available. That’s right, I said it. Most people tend to place more value on the things they have to pay for… but sunshine is free, my dear 😉 And getting outside to soak up the Vitamin D is one of the most effective ways to boost energy, improve mood, and aid weight loss efforts!
Many people (including myself at one point) spend the entire day either in the house, in the car, in the office, or in some building of some sort… but we weren’t meant to be indoors all day. The cells of our body literally crave the air and sun on our skin and when it is lacking in basic needs, it shuts down. But when our cells get what they need … everything changes!
Here are just a FEW of the benefits of good old fashion sunshine (vitamin D) …
- Fights Depression (sunlight triggers our bodies to release seratonin!)
- Improves Mood
- Boosts Weight loss
- Immune boosting (Vitamin D is a potent immune modulator, making it crucial for the prevention of autoimmune diseases)
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Reduces Hypertension
- Reduces stress
- Strengthens bones
- AND INCREASES ENERGY!!!!
Hellur! So now you know getting outside is a no brainer now, right?! Even just 10 minutes makes a HUGE difference.
A couple ways I like to get my Vitamin D in during the day…
- Taking my pups on daily walks. I typically do this first thing in the morning, sometimes before dinner too.
- Sometimes I get my workout in while I’m out playing with the pups too!
- I love meditating on the patio
- Having lunch outside instead of inside a restaurant